Table of Contents
Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Most people have dark circles due to the rough routines nowadays and a lot of tension. Dark circles are not a health problem, or something that can’t be cured easily. Dark circles can make you look tired, unwell and old.
Methods including natural or medical can be used to treat your dark circles depending on how intense they are. Most of the treatments are not permanent unless you are taking care of yourself, but it can definitely lighten them.
Dark Circles Before and After Results
What are the Causes of Dark Circles?
There is no one reason for the cause of dark circles. Following can be the causes if dark circles:
- Aging factor is one of the main reasons. As your age increases, it is natural for your skin to lose its original form. The loss of collagen and fat from the specific area leads to discoloration results in dark circles.
- Sun exposure is another cause. If your skin is exposed in UV light and you have not used any sunscreen to protect it, it will result in sunburn and dark spots under your eyes and face.
- Anemia can also be the reason for dark circles under your eyes. When your body lacks iron, it automatically reduces oxygen in your blood resulting in dark circles and pigmentation.
- If your body is secreting melanin in excessive amounts, it can also result in dark circles.
Dark circles can be genetic as well. Some people have natural dark circles under their eyes without having any health problems.
How can Dark Circles be Treated?
Natural ways of treating dark circles
There are different natural ways to treat your dark circles.
Proper Sleep: If you have less dark circles, it is important to sleep properly. Due to the disturbance in the sleep cycle, you may get dark circles, and it can get worse if you do not take care of it. It is essential to have at least eight hours of sleep to maintain your health.
Ice: Your blood vessels can get compressed due to some issues going on in your body. Use an ice bag under your eyes, it helps lighten the dark circles.
Vitamin E and Almond oil: Using vitamin E capsules and almond oil under your eyes are very effective. Before going to bed, massage under your eyes for five to ten minutes, it will improve the blood circulation and help reduce dark circles.
Sunscreen: Using the right sunscreen helps reduce dark circles as well as it prevents your skin from skin burn. Also, avoid sun exposure as much as you can if you want to get rid of your dark circles quickly.
Stay hydrated: Sometimes due to dehydration, dark circles can be caused. It is important to drink enough water in order to normalize the blood flow in your body.
Medical Treatments for Dark Circles
There are a lot of medical treatments that can be used in order to treat dark circles. It is important to consult a dermatologist and understand your skin properly before undergoing any treatment. There are various treatments that can be done seeing your condition.
Here are some medical treatments:
Chemical peels: One of the medical treatments is chemical peel. A chemical solution is applied on the desired area and the epidermal layer of the skin peels off, resulting in getting rid of the dark circles and improving skin tone and texture.
Laser therapy: Laser therapy can also be performed in order to remove the dark circles. It targets the pigmented cells and allows them to break in order to give your skin a fresh look. This helps you lighten the area and reduce dark spots from the under eyes.
Fillers: Under Eye Fillers are used to fill the hollow space under your eyes. Fillers give you a smooth and plump texture under your eyes.
Surgery: Surgery is another option to treat dark circles. It is performed when the dark circles are genetic or not being cured by any other method.
It is important to consult your doctor before going for any surgical treatments. If your dermatologist suggests surgery, then consult a cosmetic surgeon and take some knowledge regarding the procedure. It is essential to know the pros and cons of a surgical treatment and then make the decision.
What Surgical Procedures can be Performed for the Treatment of Dark Circles?
Surgical treatments are considered when the dark circles cannot be treated naturally, or there is a teat tough deformity. Given below some of the surgical treatments for the dark circles:
Blepharoplasty: Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that is used to treat puffy or saggy eyelids as well as dark circles. The procedure involves the removal of excessive fat and skin from the eyelids in order to reduce the puffiness and smooth the surface. It also helps reduce the dark spots under the eyes.
Fat transfer: Fat transfer is a surgical procedure that includes the transfer of fat from a body part to the eyes in order to reduce the hollowness under the eyes. This procedure really helps with the dark circles, it also fills the gap and makes them look fuller.
Lower eyelid surgery: Lower eyelid surgery specifically addresses the problem of lower eyelids. Surgeons remove fat and put it to the right place in order to fill the hollow gaps and to reduce darkness. This process also involves the tightening of muscles and smoothing the skin under your eyes.
Tear trough implants: This procedure involves small implants that are placed between the eyelids and cheeks in the skin. This process helps to fill in the area and reduces dark circles.
It is necessary to consult a cosmetic surgeon before any treatment. It is important to take proper consultation and have some knowledge regarding the procedure. Discuss your problem in detail in order to get better results. Always go for the treatment suggested by your doctor.
Risks and complications
Potential Risks of Dark Circles Treatment in Riyadh
Different skin care treatments are done in order to treat dark circles. It does give your skin a fresh look, but it also involves risks. These risks are as follows:
- There is a risk of infection in the incision area if you are not taking care of it properly. It is important to take medicine in order to avoid such infections.
- It can cause bleeding as during blepharoplasty, there are incisions so that can cause bleeding during and after the procedure.
- Although incisions made during blepharoplasty are very small and precise, and it is well-concealed, still there is a possibility of scars that can be seen easily.
- Some patients face visibility issues after the procedure. In some cases, it involves double or blurred vision.
- In some cases, some patients face numbness around the area of the lower eyelid due to the incisions during surgery. It can last up to a few weeks or months.
Steps to minimize the risks
Following are the steps to minimize the risks of dark circle treatment:
- The first and most important step is to choose the right surgeon. Always go for the surgeon who is highly qualified and experienced and board certified in plastic surgery.
- It is very essential to communicate with your surgeon before making any decision. Discuss every precise detail with the doctor. Give him your medical history and if you are currently on any kind of medications, tell him honestly in order to avoid any inconvenience during or after the surgery.
- Follow all the pre-operative instructions given by your surgeon. There must be special instructions you need to follow in order to make the surgery successful. It will minimize any kind of risk
- Follow the post-operative instructions. There are some things that need to be followed correctly after the procedure in order to avoid any serious issue. Take your medications on time to avoid any infections.
- Attend all the follow-ups after the surgery. It is essential to visit your surgeon so he can monitor your healing process and address any issues related with the surgery.
Which Procedure is Best for You?
Dark Circle Treatment Cost in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Dark Circles TreatmentStarting From
As a surgeon, we can understand the cost can be a significant consideration for patients, looking for cosmetic surgery procedures.
The cost of dark circle treatment in Riyadh starts from 1200 SAR.
The cost may vary depending on your type of treatment and how many sessions you take.
Choosing the right surgeon
When considering dark circle treatment in Riyadh, it is essential to go to the right surgeon who can guide you and tell you what treatment to get according to your problem.
At Enfield Royal Saudia, you will find the best cosmetic surgeons who are highly qualified and experienced and board certified in plastic surgery. Doctors here are dedicated to help you the best possible way.
To find more, fill the consultation form to get free consultations from the experts.
There is a possibility of getting your dark circles back after surgical treatments. Although these treatments are effective and last for a long time, it does involve aging factors that cannot be prevented. Another reason can be carelessness. It is important to take care of the diet and don’t smoke or drink alcohol. In this way, it can last for a good period of time.
The amount of downtime depends on the kind of treatment you have taken. Different surgical treatments take some time to recover while non-surgical or natural remedies have no to little down time.
If your dark circle treatment doesn’t go well, communicate with your doctor as soon as possible. Your surgeon might recommend some additional treatments in order to make it right. It is essential to follow post-operational instructions given by the doctor. Also, take medications on time, and avoid certain activities that can be harmful. Do not miss any follow-up appointments post surgery.
This surgery involves the removal of bags and puffiness under the eyes, in this surgery the lower eyelid is lifted and extra tissue around the eyes is removed. This procedure is called blepharoplasty.
Blepharoplasty is a procedure that removes extra skin from the eyelids. It is a surgical treatment that improves the eye's appearance by treating the upper, lower, or both eyelids. This surgery is called eyelid...
As we age, the delicate skin around our eyes can become thinner, which can lead to the appearance of hollowed, tired-looking eyes. Eye fillers have become a popular solution to help...