Have you noticed patches of hair loss on your scalp or other parts of your body? If so, you may be experiencing alopecia areata, a condition that affects about 2% of people. Don’t worry, With the right plan, it is possible to manage alopecia areata and restore hair growth. Let’s work together to find the best way to address your alopecia areata in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and help you feel confident in your appearance again.
Let’s take a dive in what alopecia areata is, its major causes, symptoms and different treatment options at Enfield Royal Saudia in Riyadh, Sauidi Arabia.
Table of Contents
What is Alopecia Areata?
It is an autoimmune Condition or that affects the hair follicles, leading to patchy hair loss on the scalp or other areas of the body. It occurs when the body’s immune system accidentally attacks healthy hair follicles, resulting in hair loss in small & round patches.
- Alopecia Areata can also be associated with thyroid disease or vitiligo. (autoimmune disorders).
- It can occur at any age and affects both men and women.
Types Of Alopecia
Hair loss can take place in many forms and occurs for variety of reasons, some common types of hair loss are
- Alopecia areata: This hair loss form is caused by an autoimmune disorder that results in patchy hair loss on the scalp or other parts of the body. In some cases, hair may grow back on its own, but in others, the hair loss may be permanent.
- Androgenetic alopecia: Also known as male or female pattern baldness, this genetic condition causes gradual hair thinning and eventual hair loss. This type of hair loss is typically permanent.
- Telogen effluvium: This type of hair loss is caused by physical or emotional stress that disturbs the hair growth cycle and leads to excessive hair dropping. This type is usually temporary and hair will regrow once the underlying cause is addressed.
- Traction alopecia: This condition is caused by tight hairstyles, such as braids or ponytails, that place excessive stress on the hair follicles and lead to hair loss. The hair loss may be temporary or permanent, depending on the extent of the damage to the hair follicles.
- Anagen effluvium: condition that occurs during the growth phase of the hair cycle, typically due to chemotherapy or radiation therapy. The hair loss is usually temporary, and hair will regrow once the treatment is completed.
- Trichotillomania: This psychological disorder involves compulsive hair pulling, which can lead to hair loss and bald patches. The hair loss may be temporary or permanent, depending on the extent of the damage to the hair follicles.
Each type of hair loss requires a different approach to diagnosis and treatment. An expert Dermatologist can help determine the type of hair loss and develop a personalized plan to manage the symptoms and promote hair regrowth. Don’t hesitate to seek help if you’re experiencing hair loss, there are many effective treatment options available in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for you.
Get in touch with us to know more about the options on how to get rid of alopecia.
Don’t let Alopecia shatter your Self Confidence - Book a Consultation with an Expert Today!
What Causes Alopecia?
There are several factors or causes that triggers hair loss some of the most common are:
- Genetic Factors: plays a vital role in hair loss mostly hair loss including male and female pattern baldness are caused due to genetic factors that determine how hair grows and regenerates
- Hormonal Imbalances: Androgens (male sex hormones) can cause hair loss both in men and women. Other conditions such as thyroid disease can also lead to hair loss.
- Autoimmune Disorders: Autoimmune disorders such as alopecia areata or lupus can cause hair loss. It occurs when the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy hair follicles resulting in hair loss.
- Infections: Infections such as ringworm (fungal infection) and Folliculitis can also cause hair loss in patches on different parts of the body.
- Medications/Supplements: Certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs can also lead to hair loss as a side effect. Hair loss may occur as a result of stopping certain medicines such as birth control pills.
- Lifestyle Factors: Certain Lifestyle factors such as poor nutrition and excessive styling and processing of hair may lead to hair loss.
Symptoms Of Alopecia
Hair loss can appear suddenly or gradually affecting just your scalp or your whole body.
Signs and symptoms may include:
- Circular or patchy bald spot.
- Gradual Thinning of hairs on top of the head.
- Full body hair loss.
- Sudden loosening of the hair.
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp.
Alopecia Areata Treatment
As we discussed above there are many things that can cause hair loss. So in order to help you with the right treatment it’s mandatory to know what is causing your hair loss. Fortunately our dermatologists at Enfield Royal Saudia are the best expert in detecting what is causing hair loss and counseling their patients in helping them regrow their hair and boost their self confidence.
Your Dermatologist will thoroughly examine the affected area and will ask about your medical history in order to make an accurate diagnosis of alopecia.
Your Dermatologist may recommend a biopsy or a blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
Alopecia areata diagnosis is crucial for preventing future hair loss and developing an effective treatment tailored to your needs.
Alopecia Areata Treatment for Patchy Hair Loss
If you’re dealing with patchy hair loss due to alopecia areata, there are several treatment options available to you. Below are the FDA approved alopecia areata treatments in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- What it is: A medication injected directly into the bald patches on your scalp.
- How it works: Corticosteroids help stimulate hair regrowth by reducing inflammation in the hair follicles.
- Pros: Studies have shown that over 80% of patients experience at least 50% hair regrowth within 12 weeks of treatment.
- Cons: You’ll need to return to your dermatologist’s office every 4-8 weeks for injections.
- What it is: A topical medication (sold under the brand name Rogaine) applied directly to the scalp, beard area, or eyebrows.
- How it works: Minoxidil helps stimulate hair regrowth by widening the blood vessels in the scalp, allowing more nutrients and oxygen to reach the hair follicles.
- Pros: You can apply it yourself at home 2-3 times a day.
- Cons: It may take several months to see results, and it can cause skin irritation.
Corticosteroids and Anthralin Topicals
- What it is: A medication applied directly to the bald patches on your scalp.
- How it works: Like the corticosteroid injections, this medication helps reduce inflammation in the hair follicles.
- Pros: It’s less invasive than injections and may be a good option for less severe cases of hair loss.
- Cons: It may cause skin irritation, and the results may not be as dramatic as with corticosteroid injections.
If you’re experiencing hair loss, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist at Enfield Royal Saudia to discuss which hair loss treatment option is right for you. We’re here to help you feel confident and happy with your appearance.
Alopecia Areata Treatment Before and After
At Enfield Royal Saudia, we are dedicated to provide you with the best and most effective treatment based on your condition and we thrive to achieve the desired results.
You can see the difference between before and after the treatment of alopecia areata.
Intrested in this treatment fill up the form and get a free consultation for yourself.
Cost Of Alopecia Areata Treatment in Riyadh
Alopecia Areata TreatmentStarting From
The starting cost of Alopecia Areata Treatment in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is roughly 600 SAR (+5% VAT). But price can vary from case to case, depending on the no. of sessions, type of treatment and speciality of a dermatologist.
For Further Information Fill in the form or chat with us to get a quote for yourself!
Every loss is an opportunity for growth and transformation
Dealing with alopecia can be a real emotional rollercoaster. Losing hair can seriously mess with your head and seriously knock your confidence. It’s not easy coming to terms with it, but it’s all about finding the right balance between acceptance and taking action.
Get some professional help, find ways to slow it down, maybe even reverse it. Science has come a long way, and there are plenty of options out there. So don’t feel like you’re on your own with this. Plan your Alopecia Areata treatment in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and get this over with once and for all.
There is currently no known cure for Alopecia Areata, an autoimmune condition that causes hair loss. However, there are various treatments available that can help manage the symptoms and promote hair regrowth. It is important to speak with a healthcare professional for personalized treatment options and advice.
Dermatologists are specialists who focus on conditions related to the skin, hair, and nails and are often the primary doctors for managing Alopecia Areata. Dr. Dina Elyamani is a dermatologist who is highly regarded for her expertise in Alopecia Areata Treatment in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Hair loss can occur for various reasons in Saudi Arabia.
- Vitamin D deficiency could be a potential cause of hair loss due to limited sunlight exposure.
- Stress from rapid modernization and urbanization could also contribute to hair loss.
- Certain hair care practices, such as harsh chemicals or tight hairstyles, may damage the hair and cause hair loss.