book a free consultation
Read in Arabic ( غرسة الزيركون )
What Is Zirconia Implants?
Dental implants are made best with zirconia. Because it is bioinert, it will never cause a chemical reaction, move to other locations in the body, or corrode. It serves as titanium's non-metal substitute for this reason. The fact that it is naturally white makes it a fantastic option for patients.
Innovative implants made of zirconia. They possess certain qualities that titanium ones do not. Zirconia implants also appear better in your smile because of their white hue.
The use of titanium vs. ceramic dental implants is a hotly contested topic. It ultimately boils down to what the dentist advises and what the patient desires. Zirconia implants do, however, offer certain benefits.
- The dentist will take an X-ray of your mouth and get ready for the procedure, which can require numbing your tooth with topical anesthesia.
- They will take a portion of your tooth’s enamel off if required.
- After that, the surgeon will make an imprint on your teeth.
- Place a temporary crown on your tooth.
- Obtain the crown from a dental lab that will create it using your impressions.
- They will invite you back when the new crown has been made so they can glue it to your tooth.
The results from zirconia implants are long-lasting. Dental crowns typically last five to fifteen years with good maintenance. How long they last will depend on your specific habits, including your dental hygiene. For instance, if you grind your teeth while you sleep, you could need a replacement sooner than someone who doesn’t.
Zirconia ImplantsStarting From
Dental implants are made best with zirconia. Because it is bioinert, it will never cause a chemical reaction, or corrode.
Zirconia implants are more biocompatible with the human body than titanium implants, which are stronger and more resilient. Zirconia implants are less successful than titanium implants, which have a success rate of up to 95%.