book a free consultation
What are metal braces?
Metal braces are orthodontic tools made with high-grade stainless-steel brackets, each bonded together using nontoxic dental cement and a metal archwire. They are used to fix misaligned teeth and fix jaw problems.They specially work in straightening the teeth.Underbites, malocclusions, overbites, open bites, gaps, deep bites, cross bites, crooked teeth, and numerous other dental and jaw problems are fixed with metal braces.
How Does it
How does it
In order to move teeth and jaws into a new position and improve the smile, braces apply constant pressure to the teeth and jaws. The archwire is held in position by the brackets that are placed on teeth, which puts pressure on the teeth. Teeth shift into the desired position with time. Periodontal ligaments are the soft tissue that surrounds the teeth and bone.
- To keep your mouth dry and your tongue in its proper position, your orthodontist will first install a device.
- After drying your teeth,the dentist will use an etchant to prepare the tooth surface for bonding.
- To keep the braces in place they will be attached to your teeth using a specific adhesive.
- A curing light will set the bond and harden the glue.
- The orthodontist will insert the archwire through the braces and secure it using ligature bands.
- For each dentition, it takes 1 to 2 hours to directly attach the brackets to the teeth.
The procedure will fix biting defects of any severity, and it produces results more quickly than any other method. By using the treatment, you can get the desired outcomes in the shortest amount of time. You will notice that teeth are getting aligned with the passage of time.
Metal braces(1 Jaw)
Metal Braces(2 Jaws)
The cost of metal braces in Riyadh is 7,000 SAR (+5% VAT) for one jaw. The price for both jaws is 12,000 SAR (+5% VAT). Fill in the form to get an exact quote for your specific birthmark!
What type of metal braces are there?
There are five main types of braces:
- Ceramic braces
- Metal braces
- Self ligating braces
- Clear aligners
- Lingual braces
Do teeth get weaker after braces?
No In healthy individuals, braces and Aligners do not result in weaker, loose, or tooth loss.
Are metal braces better?
Yes metal braces are better than other types of braces they are more effective in aligning teeth and correcting bite faster.
Are metal braces painful?
You'll feel mild pain which may last for a few days.